My name is Alexander Entinger and I am founder and managing director of LXRobotics GmbH.
As such I offer my deep knowledge of embedded systems to help your embedded project succeed.
Areas of Expertise
- Test driven firmware development in C/C++/Assembly for microcontrollers (ARM, AVR, MSP430, RISC-V, …) with and witout OS (Bare-Metal / RTOS / Linux)
- Introduction of continous integration, unit testing and test automation
- Device drivers for interfacing with external sensors, actuators, communication controllers via GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, Ethernet,…
- Communication protocols e.g. CANOpen, LoRa™, LLRP, proprietary binary and ASCII encoded protocols, …
- EMI aware firmware design – Hardening of firmware against errors due to electromagnetic interference
- Hardware design – Component selection, schematic, layout, …
- Digital hardware design and verification (VHDL, SystemC)
Entinger, A. (2014), Arduino based I/O-System for rapid prototyping of robotics systems, Austrian Robotics Workshop 2014, Linz
Entinger, A. (2016), Einführung in das Robot Operating System, Heise Developer
Snowfox OS consists of an Hardware Abstraction Layer for various architectures + IO driver support for various sensors and actuators and communication controllers encapsulated in a small and elegant C++ API. Additionally a continous integration approach is employed with integrated unit testing ensuring code quality and functionality. The codebase can be simultaneously compiled for the host (x86) and the desired target platform which allows to run the complete firmware within the host pc without the need for target hardware.
Robots by Alexander Entinger
Sergeant Pain is a Mini-Sumo-Robot (500 g, 10x10xn cm) and has successfully competed at Robotchallenge 2011 (Vienna).
Evolution is a Mini-Sumo-Robot (500 g, 10x10xn cm) and has successfully competed at Robotchallenge 2014 (Vienna).
Private Paula is a antweight class (150 g) combat robot and has successfully competed at Mad Metal Maschines Vol. 13 (Bochum).
Beauty Queen is a technology demonstrator for the Arduino I/O system and ROS and can perform Simultaneous Localization and Mapping.
Schnauzer v1 is a featherweight class (13,6 kg) combat robot and has successfully competed at Mad-Metal-Maschines Vol. 17 (Bochum).
Schnauzer v2 is a featherweight class (13,6 kg) combat robot and has won 1st place (german champion) at Mad-Metal-Maschines Vol. 19 (Bochum).
Schnauzer v3 is a featherweight class (13,6 kg) combat robot and has won 3rd place at Mad-Metal-Maschines Vol. 20 (Bochum).
Schnauzer v4 is a featherweight class (13,6 kg) combat robot and has successfully competed at Mad-Metal-Maschines Vol. 21 (Bochum).
Steroid v1 is a featherweight class (13,6 kg) combat robot and has successfully competed at Mad-Metal-Maschines Vol. 20 (Bochum).
Lex (LXRobotics Hexapod) is a six-legged walking robot and technology demonstrator for various Arduino shields.